Sunday 8 December 2013

The World Has Gone Mad

We have had another crazy, busy weekend with the family, but it was lovely, actually. The mexican was nearly a disaster but I saved the day... my Churros were a disaster, so I did cinnamon toast instead! With a vat of melted mars bars, cream and maple syrup. Delish. Then I thought I'd try those taco shells, well they were awful. Just not strong enough, so I made a huge bed of Mexican rice and layered the mince on top, and made seafood fajitas with the shrimps that were destined for some of the tacos.The Gaucamole was a delight too. ...
Sunday was spent doing more Christmassy things and drinking mulled wine!

Still working on getting an 'online recipe book' up and running soon. It is just so chaotic at the mo, what with birthdays and Christmas.

I'm a bit sad today as yet again there is a story in the news about poverty. Some weeks we have to count every penny, cash in the copper tin, scrimp on things.Sometimes we have to go without fuel in the car, or put the tumble drier on less. We are struggling, but we've never gone hungry. I can't believe that can happen in this country. In any country. I do donate to food banks when I can, but this time of year.. how sad it is that people can't afford to eat. That is just a basic necessity. Wish I could do something else.....




No comments:

Post a Comment