Wednesday 4 December 2013

Well how busy are we! All of this wonderful food to plan and shop for, all of these occasions (a few birthdays, oh, and Christmas). I have been so busy! Made the best soup ever too, all of my children absolutely loved it. Carrot, Beetroot and coriander. The colour was absolutely beautiful. It was so delicious and so easy to make. Just a few carrots, fresh beetroot, handful of coriander cooked in stock until tender, the lumps separated from the stock and whizzed up in the blender, then mixed back in the stock with a bit more coriander. I will have to figure out the photo posting thing on here so I can show you the amazing colour! If only there was a tasting app too eh?!

I will be doing the usual Turkey for The Main Event but found a very good priced frozen goose in Aldi, and I will be cooking that too, along with the usual ham, beef etc that I usually make for meals around Yule/Christmas. Loads of lovely meals and plenty to snack on! List writing is taking over my life, though. I have so many lists going on right now, and lists of lists. Menu's, gift lists, remember this and that lists, remember to write this list etc.....

This coming weekend I am hosting a Mexican Fiesta night! I have the pinata already (which has a festive twist) but it looks like the company I ordered from have messed up the sombrero order :( So no funny hats, but plenty of yummy food. The usual fajitas etc but also some lovely seafood tacos and salads. Mostly from memory, I haven't made a mexican meal properly for years! I will post the recipes after the event.

Tonight we will be working on my website again, trying to get something up and running with purely my recipes and photos on, since I have so many! Hopefully the little ones will go to sleep quite early as I would really love to eat my dinner first, it is smelling gorgeous and is one of my all time fav's of Dauphinoise and Slow Cooked Lamb (cooked in red wine, stock, whole garlic cloves and tarragon for the last 7 hours... yummmm)

More later!!


No comments:

Post a Comment